Thursday, December 15, 2022

Welcome to Winter Wonderland


The picture says it all. Deep within the wilderness 20+ igloo cabins. Pampered by Aurora Village Oy. Highyl recommended. From the pickup, friendly bloke introduces me to their world. They take pride in living here. Come to think of it, they are lucky cos they always see the Northern Lights. They love the cold as they do with their huskies and reindeers. Which I have yet to see tomorrow. Cancelled my Aurora hunt due to low probability. Am not hoping anyway. Let us see if I get random sightings.

The highlight is the ice dip. I dont know how cold it is but its way below -24°C for sure. It was great and I feel refreshed. All signs of fatigue and stress got frozen and peeled from me. Haha

Started snowing and first time I saw a snow fall. Snow flakes really look cool. As I was saying to the staff here. Finally I got to see first hand all those ornaments I see in the shopping mall when its Christmas. And yes, including Santa. Hopefully tomorrow. 

Here is a snow flake:

No comments: