Saturday, December 17, 2022

Christmas Came Early

Quite the opposite from Ivalo when I arrived in Rovaniemi after 4 hours of endless array of white, grey and green. I arrived directly at Santa's Village. I tried to see him ASAP but was running bit behind in schedule to meet the huskies. 

Husky ride was the best! They were ferocious and eager to run in the cold. One hyper husky multiplied by 10 is loca! Crazy 500m ride around the race track. 

Then I finally met Santa. The elves said that I have an exciting journey ahead as they read my fortune. Santa was so warm and welcoming and told me that I have been a good boy and he rewarded me with a gift. Yet to be opened until Christmas eve. 

I met my Aussie mates very quickly. They were staying in a nice cozy cabin within the Santa's Village. Lucky them! Then off to see the reindeers.

It was a gruelling 3km. Totallt the opposite of Huskies. Maybe the reindeers were tired. Although the silverlining is that the one behind me is always in the mood for selfies.

Took a ride to my Rovaniemi city apartment and a Tesla drove me! It was awesome. When I settled in, the fatigue and cold start to kick in. Hence, I planned  to do nothing the next day. 

Woke up late 12ish, then went to have decent coffee in a nice cafe. Took random pictures around. Then went back to my apartment. I saw my friends photo of Aurora last night. I was super jealous. I immediately messaged my Finn contact to get me booked ASAP. Luckily there was one final spot.

Off we went to the wilderness. Camped out and they started setting up the BBQ, then I saw this huge greyish green lines in the sky. I took a nighy mode photo. Lo and behold, the magnificent Aurora Borealis. That was the greatest gift I got so far in this tour and I will be forever be grateful. Kudos to Shine for our teamwork in getting perfect pics. And Igor for getting me the final spot on the tour.

No comments: