Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Europe vs Scandinavia Airport Rating


My Airport review especially relating to the services of ground staff where it is critical part of travels. This is true for me because my itinerary is complex as I do one city a day. I have a total of 20+ flights for my 15-day vacation to Europe. It is a BIG DEAL that airport honours international protocol especially if they join an alliance network like One World and Star Alliance.

It is such a shame that I experience two painpoints in Scandinavia, which all the while I thought would at least have respect to premium cardholders. Sadly in Copenhagen the ground staff who checked me in cannot break my journey in terms of the luggage. Claim it after the first flight and re-checkin. I had to create an alibi when I arrived in Finland. Lucky, Helsinki ground staff are more competent.

The exact opposite happened in Stockholm. This idiot ground stadf cannot interlink my baggage and it is under the same airline. His alibi is he cannot see my reservation in the system.  Now I have to hope and pray I make it enough time to claim my baggage and check it in to another one with an hour or so in between flights.

They could have done something. Do an extra step to find out if it can be done. I do have the documents with me. I reckon this happens because airlines on these countries outsource ground staff to third party. If they are incompetent then too bad, the passengers will suffer. But yeah, each region is different. Im just so glad in Australasia, we have golden standards. All my premium badge are useless. Plus the smug face really doesnt help. Oh Nordic, why is it like this. So lets see how Norway plays against my airport rating.  So far Denmark and Sweden are the worse airports so far in terms of poor service.


No comments: