Friday, December 23, 2022

Snooze and snooze

My bed time was scheduled around 7pm just because of waking up early for this tax refund. The issue with claiming bulky items is that you had to get the custom stamp prior to check-in. What makes it complicated is that my flight leaves KRK 6am. So it means I had to get my tax form stamped earliest as possible. I woke up 2am just for this but the custom officer is still sleeping. So went back to the hotel dragging my huge luggage back to my hotel and also attempted to sleep.

After an hour, I got ready and decided to checkout from the hotel. This has proven the McGuiver in me and was able to transform my many bags and consolidate it into 3 checked in luggage and 1 carry-on. From 6 bags. Wondering why I have so many luggages? I am too. I dont know what I bought really. Maybe lots of souvenirs, basic shopping and my many bulky winter clothes.

Arriving at custom office, it is still closed. So I tried 2 things. One is ring the bell. No response. Then I rang their call centre and the lady on the line probably woke up the officer. He is a bit old and was super slow in processing my refund. Took him 20 minutes as he scrutinizes my documents. Then, finally when all is done. I got the stamps. I proceeded to the ICE refund company who offer services to get the refund back to my card. For some reasons, she said I don't need to give back the documents back to the merchant. Im dumbfounded and still skeptic that if I dont follow the rules, I might not get the refund. So will try luck in looking for a mailbox from Frankfurt my last stopover as I leave EU zone. 

Ps, i realised you always have to look back and triple check before you leave. I left my beloved LV scarf at Hilton Krakow airport. Hope they find it and I can get them to mail it to me back in Oz.

No comments: