Thursday, October 15, 2009

On losing hope

Last night I can't sleep at all. I am honestly bothered that I don't have a job yet. Six months of being without a job is actually revolting. I honestly don't know what's wrong with my CV? I know for a fact that my local experience is not enough to get the jobs that I wanted. But I tried to negotiate with my agents that I am willing to cut my salary expectation to 15%. But still no word. Now, I am willing to cut it even further down by 32%. It's getting tiring, frustrating and devastating. I know I don't have CA qualifications. But my Big 4 experience is not enough? I am thoroughly reviewing my career path and I can't believe that I have been one of the top performers before but where I am now?

The mere thought of what my lifestyle had been for the past months is just awful. The fresh start that I am anticipating has long been overdue. I cried. I really can't take it anymore. I know that I have to keep the faith. But is there something I can do to speed up the process? Get any job. Start from the bottom. Rebuild my career once again.