Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Idiot and the Bad Country Weather

I dunno. I just have to blog this. Call it stupid but I am stupid and plain dumb. I got stucked in the apartment's hallway without a key. It's middle of the night and the last thing I wanted to do is wake up my housemates. It's Niko's bday for crying out loud. I just walked out of the unit to take some calls. Went out since I don't want to disturb my sleeping housemates. I left the door open but the freakin' wind has somehow blew from inside (through windows) and the door slammed and I got stucked.

The agony of sheer coldness led me to worry if I can sleep outside. Being so desperate to contact them, I rang their mobile phones and even landline for so many times. Guilt has slowly crawled its way. Luckily, Pee woke up and opened the door after a 15-minute panic that seemed like forever.

Lesson learned. Don't be fucking stupid.

--------
I hafta talk about my rainy long weekend and the unfortunate thing happened. As you might have heard we had a long vacation here in Sydney cos its labour day. But to me, its another pathetic excuse to get out of Sydney and forget about my job dilemma. For one weather's not cooperating. It was raining all throughout the long weekend. We cancelled horseback riding cos it can be dangerous. But funny I got an ankle sprain because I pretended to know how to play chinese garter and fell hard on my left foot, which until now still aches. But is generally fine (about 95% healed). My sprain became better or it might be my adrenalin to participate in outdoor fun activities that pushed me to get better.

We bushed walk for lotsa kilometers around Kangaroo Valley and beyond to see coupla falls. Which ended up not so fantastic since fog is all that you see. Highlight of the event (not mentioning the fantastic marshmallow melting) was the kayaking. I was really good at it and I am one of the two brave souls who doesn't know how to swim but still managed to get a solo.

Thanks to my mates who have organised it, brought some food and made our weather-sucking country vacation a fabulous treat. Special mention to Sheng of course. Thanks for the ride, great team leader and for always being amazingly cool.

No comments: