Thursday, October 22, 2009

crap can i survive?

demotion is just too painful. from first class working environment down to a rundown office site. i reckon its going to be a tough time adjusting to this kind of work. don't get me wrong? i don't totally dislike it. i just can't help but compare what I was getting at E&Y before. basic things and let me enumerate

1. no induction? where's my oh&s? where's my contract? no id? no own space? no email? no windows log-in... honestly i was in a state of culture shock. but i pulled myself together. telling myself that its better than nothing.

2. i miss pantry full of fruits, free coffee / tea, biscuits, TV when I get bored. Darling Harbour view.

3. i don't even have my own supplies. fortunately, i brought my notebook and pen.

4. i called help desk like ten times today. just because the software we are using is a bit crappy. lots of bugs. plus i cant install a printer.

5. i miss starbucks, gloria jeans and world square just around the corner when u feel like escaping. but here, my escape is the busy parramatta rd.

but on the other hand, i believe that it all starts with hard work and perseverance. since i'm doing overall finance functions, i will definitely gain experience needed to climb the commerce ladder eventually. then i will be able to finally complete my CA. and take a better job in few years time. let me think of it as my part time job to sustain myself whilst focusing on my postgraduate studies.

No comments: