Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Finally... how i spent my last unemployed day!

Finally...
Last Monday, I got an interview with one of my friends' boss. She referred me and even though the salary range is way below my E&Y salary. I grabbed the opportunity of meeting with him. I woke up at 7am. Unusual for me cos I normally wake up way past 10 in the morning.

The interview was brief. Although I prepared for it learning about Australian taxation. But still it doesn't hurt to do bit of research and be ready. The five minute interview was an indication that they are interested with me. The only thing left to talk about is the tenure of my employment. I agreed to stay longer given that the Company is stable and growth is apparent. Only thing I need to know is if they will shoulder my Postgraduate program. The interview ended with salary negotiation. And he promised to give me a call with an offer.

The offer was made after an hour. I received a call and it is within my expectation. I took it without thinking twice. On the back of my head, I have an option of returning to E&Y but this has not yet been 100% confirmed. But still. I needed a job. I want further studies.

This 3-month ordeal has opened my eyes to things that I should attain. I have reassessed my goals. I realised that CA is important tool to demand higher position and get job security. On another account, commercial experience is also vital. And it shuns Big 4 experience even if its local experience.

how i spent my last unemployed day!
A hectic day for me cos my new employer wants me to start immediately. Meaning two days after I got the offer. Fair enough. The initial thought was to get aligned with the work time clock. I woke up 7am. Cooked my brekkie. Visited the unit cos I'm looking for shared accommodation. Uni tour. USYD seems to be a fine university and I have already enquired with admissions. Had a bit of shopping. Got a Diesel bag that I'm going to use tomorrow. Lunch at Nando's. Ribs, I just loved every bit of it. Movie cos its Tuesday! Surrogates. It's bizarre but I enjoyed it. Then off to the Rocks for my Guylian Dark Hot Chox. Was home by 3ish and took my power nap. Ended the day with cheap $5 pizza with Pee.

Now I'm ready to sleep and looking forward to a sunnier day ahead.

No comments: