Sunday, March 11, 2007

Frustrated Chef and the Tinola

I don't wanna give it a big deal but somehow it really goes under my skin. Here's the thing.. I cooked Tinola for dinner feeling a bit excited. Preparing the ingredients and meticulously chopping them down into bits and pieces.. The aroma of my Tinola is good and everything seems to be in perfect order. But when I finally placed it in my bowl for consumption, something's odd. Like it lacks something.

My friend made a comment on how perfectionist I am considering that it's my first time to cook any Filipino dishes. Anyway, I just thought of how simple cooking really is. Just a matter of following directions but I feel I am a galoot that I cannot follow simple instructions. Shesh.. I'm really making it worse but maybe its just the way I really am. Perfectionist or what. I just don't want to spoil anything and want to impress my house mate. But I failed :c ...

No comments: