Monday, March 12, 2007

Clocks

Lights go out and I can't be saved,
Tides that I tried to swim against,
Have put me down upon my knees,
Oh I beg, I beg them please,
Singing, come out of things I've said,
Shoot an apple off my head,
And I, Trouble that can't be named,
The tigers waiting to be tamed,

Singing, you are,
You are.

Confusion never stops,
Closing walls and ticking clocks,
Gonna, come back and take you home,
I could not stop what you now know,
Singing, come out upon my seas,
Cursed missed opportunities,
Am I a part of the cure,
Or am I part of the disease?

-----------------------

Yeah, missed opportunities? Well, in troubled times and when everything seems to be going out of sight. The feeling that you tried so hard but still you're in rock bottom. Or to put it plainly, confused that sometimes pessimism can really pull you down. Whatever is the case, there's always a point in time we feel this way. And for the record, this song never fails to hit me so hard about my self worth and what I want to achieve in life.

Let's digress a bit. I feel so unproductive today that I haven't finished what I supposed to do in office. Feel so lazy as well. My room's a mess... I haven't done some urgent personal tasks... Haven't ironed my clothes... List can go on. I just hope that tomorrow will be one fine day. I hope it doesn't rain. I hope I can get up early not thinking that it's just Tuesday and I still have the rest of the week to drag myself to work. Awhile ago, I was watching people on the train and I can see that most of them are reading. Is it a trend or its just me? Maybe I should also bring one of my pocket books. And I might finish one tasks to stop me from whining.

No comments: