Thursday, May 7, 2009

Red Centre Dreaming

It was held at the Heavi Outdoor Lodge. A bit isolated from the city. The normal price is $110 for dinner and the show. I opted for just the show for only $30.



It was fairly good. For unknown reasons I was actually laughing. Cos they dance like chicken, kangaroo and they make funny sounds like man clearing his throat. Like the sound of a phlegm.



My fave part is the history of the aboriginal music instrument - Dogeridoo. It was when an early aboriginal heard a marvelous sound caused by a log and the wind. The performer made some exhibition on his dogeridoo by making frog, kookabura and kangaroo sounds.



Finally they danced. Different traditional dance imitating kangaroos. Getting rid of mossies. Some eagle dances.



For me staying up late tonight knowing that I have an early hike start - it was all worth it.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on 3

No comments: