Sunday, May 17, 2009

Auckland: My Pre-Sky Dive Experience

Arrived in Auckland at 1510H via LAN Chile. Nothing special. Sydney is still the best - haha I think I'm loving my own city. But something distinct is the Kiwi accent. The friendliness and smiles of the locals.

First night in Auckland was so cold. Either we feel different cos we wanted it to be since we're in another country or we're not wearing the appropriate warm clothing. Good thing I brought too much thermal, otherwise I would freeze. Damn! It kept on raining. And the sad part is it happened all throughout the week.

Second day we went for lunch with my cousin, Ate Bobbit. Can you imagine that I haven't seen here for more than 10 years?! Anyway, she suggested we go on a ferry ride to Devonport. It was a good view of Auckland CBD including Sky Tower and their Harbour Bridge. In order to see the best view - we struggled with the cold wind and climbing the peak of the mountain! Night time arrived and we went to their club and bar district. First bar we went to was soo isolated. Good thing the second club has few people and music was much better. Drinks were cheap as well.

Third day was a day of fun. Or what it should have been. After more than an hour of bus dizzy drive. Our head was spinning and we don't have the appetite to go to any ride in the Rainbows End. It was also a frustrating escapade as we didn't see the sparkle of gold at Rainbows End. We ate at KFC and it was much fulfilling than the rides. Another dizzy ride on the bus and after two hours (including the horrendous traffic jam) we arrived Auckland. Missed it for a while. We ate in Nando's and I loved the L&P drink together with grilled ribs at its finest.

It was a good experience doing this bizarre NZ experience with PJ. Niko arrived shortly during the night. Now my Auckland experience is just beginning. In less than 10 hours I will be jumping at 10,000 feet altitude. And God help me, I hope I will survive this fear. I realised that the more you fear sky diving the more you will enjoy conquering it and enjoying the jump. I keep reminding myself that I have spent almost half a grand for this. I came all over NZ just to do this. And one item in my list (of things to do before I die) will be ticked as complete. I was reading through website and testimonials and all of them had said that they can't help but smile all the time recalling the experience. Ohhh... and it is a tandem jump so there is a professional skydiver who will be with you during the jump! I am pretty sure there will be a time alloted to ask gazillion questions and a simple briefing to ensure that we are safe.

Written 16/05/09 0017H (before the skydive)!

Rondz

No comments: