Thursday, May 28, 2009

%$^(%$^!

Woke up early. Just to accomplish one simple thing today. Passport renewal. I decided that I can do it. I can queue for a long time as long as I have my I-touch with me. But a DFA official approached me and told me to get application form from the stand. And guess what? They told me that the passport pictures that I have is unacceptable due to the reflection of the flash on my hair making it white. I retook the pictures and paid Php 180! And they told me to fill the application form in the green coloured building. Later upon payment I realised that this is a travel company that arranges for passport. They asked me for Php 1720. I have to come back for DFA appearance since it is now a machine readable passport. Plus it will take them roughly two weeks to process!!

Gesh, should I realised this earlier I should have opted for the delivery services at Pilipinas Service. Same duration but a lot cheaper. Its Php 1300 and more convenient as you wouldn't have to suffer the heat and humidity at midafternoon in Manila.

All been done, at least now I can be more cautious of fixers and the like.

No comments: