Saturday, August 11, 2007

moving out...

Sheer exhaustion is the exact word to describe yesterday and today... I've taken a half-day leave knowing that there are heaps to do in the client. As we are signing the returns soon. Waited for my boxes hired... Signed the lease... Inspected the property... Dinner with friends... And the cause of it all packing!

Today I woke a bit early to get all my packing done. It wasnt that bad at all. I actually enjoyed it. I guess my oc-ness flicked for a second and suddenly I was so into it that I actually felt ecstatic. Talk about packing for hours! Removalists arrived and funny story is that we actualy never thought that they were removalists. They look old for crying out loud! More like granpa's who you can never fathom to be carrying the lightest furniture. Everything came to a clear picture on why they charge cheaper than the other removalists. But karma crept its way and they were asking for a higher fixed price. They have good reasons though like three of 'em would help me move instead of two previously agreed. And they will set it up as well. Without further thinking and just want it to be done, I agreed. And guess what? They're fucking strong! They are like hulk hogans who could lift me up in a finger tip..

Cut the long story short, I arrived in the new apartment shocked and fully surprised. Imagine seeing your apartment in which u just recently signed a lease agreement the other day open and knowing that you have full rights to the place and finding out that there were heaps of people surveying the place. I was surprised and approached that galloot who entertained prospective tenants. Still confused, I finally asked why the hell they are having inspection when I just signed the lease. Showing the papers to them with furious temper, he said he'll explain everything after the inspection. It all became clearer when the inspection was finished and he explained that the owner is selling the place. He gave me assurance that lease will still be binding. Even if a prospective buyer will be the occupant my tenacy agreement will still supercede.

Still have the oc-ness within me. I quickly arranged my things, followed my layout plans for the furniture and folded the boxes to be returned soon. Still excited about the whole new thing, I quicky went to surrounding area in Homebush (since I already know Strathfield by heart. FYI-i'ts a borderlne of two suburbs). I was frustrated to see a lot of indian eater since I am not a big fan of. But I guess this time I could finally try to appreciate the cuisine. My heart skipped when I saw a nearby Cheesecake shop... I actually bought a slice just to feed myself as Renee promised that we'll eat in Lidcombe in a pinoy resto. Lunch turned out to be a dinner since they are also in the process of moving their stuff. I felt really good that they'd help me move some appliances and other valuable stuff that I wouldn't put in the truck. Well, everything's spic and span now. Gotta upload pictures tomorrow of my new flat.

Now I'm flat out and have to take a rest for tomorrow's gonna be a busy time cleaning my old place in Mt Waverton!

No comments: