Monday, August 27, 2007

Banana Leaf Dinner

Im already here at canberra. A bit too stressed awhile ago. This is how we work with the government. Every move is monitored. Going to the toilet... Going to the kitchen to get water. Cant even have my yb. Add to the misery is my pranses superior. So fucking demanding.

Anyway was able to breathe after 6pm. Good thing about having an interstate client besides being booked in a great hotel is the $55-dinner individual allowance. Was a bit exhausted looking for the nicest place to dine. Am actually looking for the most expensive resto. But I ended up having dinner at Banana Leaf. Sri lankan cuisine. Ordered: Entree - Chicken crepe; Main - Barramundi something; Dessert - Mango Melba. Food's satisfying but not that so amusing. I plan to research for my tomorrow's dinner. Too bad my pranses superior will be here to put more pressure.

I enjoyed wondering through the streets of Canberra. Its not as cold as I expected. Last week's temperature is as low as 1 degrees. Now its only 7 degrees, which is tolerable. The city is really quiet but still fantastic. Especially the surrounding artistic monuments and different artifacts. Too bad its too weird to get pictures at night alone. I just wish I have someone from Sydney to help me out and to accompany me.

The team is made of almost dozen people from Melbourne and I'm the only one from Sydney office. That's why I ended up alone staying in Crowne Plaza Hotel. But what the heck. I'll enjoy this night!

2 comments:

Beverly said...

mango melba -- yum!!

rondz said...

i know its so yummy! that's the only one i liked actually ;0