Saturday, April 14, 2007

the spenders' realisation

It worries me a lot when accounting for all my expenditures today. Not that it matters much but when you pile up all the junkies I've been buying, it will give you a snooze that you have to straighten up your life and stop spending too much. As my mother would always put it, don't spend more than what you earn! And now I realise that I'm beginning to crumble because of too much indebtedness on my precious plastic card. By tomorrow I will budget the things I NEED to spent on. I know that this Sydney mission is not only to enjoy life but to there is something that I need to gain here. I began searching for reasons why I stayed in Sydney and why I have resigned from my previous work. And I realise my purpose is to know how to live independently, gain more exposure to audit, and to save some money for the rainy days. I know someone will be needing it in the future. I talked to my mom the other day and she mentioned about my relatives' problem regarding financial capability to send their daughter to college. And just like a light-bulb-flashing-experience, I realise that I would help her. As I chatted with my friends yesterday regarding one's purpose in life, we realised that as professionals we somehow do not seem to have a drive on where we are going to. Other overseas workers are struggling to send off their kids to school and have dreams to be prosperous. And how about me? Am I here just to spend my earnings on total life satisfaction at present? Now, it gives me a sudden urge to help my cousin in her studies. It give me a realisation that being here has an entirely different purpose, which is to help my cousin and live a legacy. My resolution... as I conclude is to know where my money goes to. I need to budget. And be able to know that I'm doing the right choice.

I have to abolish this kind of thinking:

Gusseted pillow - $9.95



Bali table runners - $19.95





Silver Vertigo light lamp - $79.95




Reisen laundry hamper - $69.95




Grand theft auto PC game - $39.95




Silver psycho mirror - $189.00

...but the joy on Rondzter's face - priceless
I SHOULD SAVE! I SHOULD SAVE! I SHOULD SAVE!

2 comments:

Mina said...

life's too short rondz! buy everything you want... wisely. hehehe!

pahiram naman ng GTA san andreas!!! alam mo ba naadik ako diyan sa GTA series lalo na sa GTA III at san andreas ang huli kong nalaro before mag-sgv. saya! =D

rondz said...

oo nga eh.. nakakaadik nga un. anyway, hows busy season! thanks sa advise ha! naku nagkarealisation na nga.. papagastusin mo pko..