Saturday, April 7, 2007

blocked saturday

Today's Black Saturday and I say blocked because I'm here at home and doesn't have anything to do. Firstly, since my friend Renee's belief that this day shouldn't be spent enjoying since Christ has died and so I respect her beliefs. Tough in our family's tradition, today is the day that we normally go to our beach in pangasinan. The strict part is Good Friday, especially when it reached 3pm when our Lord died.. Secondly, I think that I should save my money and not go to Blue Mountains as I won't have enough money to spent on the following week, sorry Mon, et al. And thirdly, I just think that being at home will energise me for the rest of the easter break and whatever activities instored for me.

However, yesterday we went to Visita Iglesia and I am glad that my friend Angeline has organised this event (it was such a success!). I have never done this in the Philippines. We've been to different churches (seven in total) and different things happen along the way. Like when we went to our second church in North Sydney (is it St. Peter?) wherein we were treated very kindly by the lady with lavender scarf in Lavender Bay. Thanks to her, our stomachs were filled with food, just enough to survive the journey. Plus we've got to talk with a very nice lady who were very surprised to be talking to hullata accountants (she said she never done it in her lifetime, I mean talking with so many accountants). We also encountered a bizarre church celebration coupled with foreign tongue (Ukrainian, I suppose) and the kissing of the ground, I believe it's in Lidcombe. In addition, the first church we went to was in Chatswood, our lady of Dolor as I can remember correctly, included the practise of the senakulo. Third church in St. Patrick, we're we got a bit lost included an insane man who seemed very sad because he is crying but when a lady approached him to give some help, he became a monster and shouting with all his might. It became a bit freaky. Mind you, we got soo lost finding this place. And it turned out to be a small church around the corner in the City. The last church was in Parramatta which I think is really nice. Although the church was burnt the new one was really fab! This is filled with so much people as they are already started the Passion of Christ. I ended up taking a communion. Sorry again to my friends, I wasn't able to prompt them about my intention and they were waiting for me the whole time. Anyway, the event was really unforgettable. and worth cherishing..

Gong back to my blocked saturday, I've just rented few more movies and I think its my first time to have a movie quadralton and watched four movies for today. Dreamcatcher was kinda freaky but really nice movie. i will have loved to have read the novel. to make it more happy, watched the hilarious pink panther's stupidity turned into triumph. also watched the sci-fi stealth and never imagined how awesome is it to become part of us navy talon force. and now as i will about to sleep in coupla hours, I'm going to watch the thriller, sleeping with the enemy.

This easter season is really exciting not only will i go to the easter show at the olympic park tomorrow, but also i will now eat my egg and my bunny! its a phenomenal event and for sure its gonna be a success!

No comments: