Thursday, July 13, 2006

The interview with the Vampire

I really feel distressed after the interview with the Vampire yesterday. I realized he is another person that I totally do not know. I feel so sad that he tends to focus more in getting what they want from us and not understanding our needs. I can say this because by merely listening to his abrupt responses and his quick nonsense remarks. I am so frustrated during my interview with him since there weren’t discussions about my plans of leaving the firm wherein I matured professionally. I am expecting that at his level he would try to speak about my attainment and contributions in the firm and direct me to where my career is currently situated and what will happen in the middle to long-term stay with the firm. Or at least be professional about the situation. Or thank me for the time spent with the firm and discuss my career path. And to think that I am still at the firm and will be planning to be transferred with the same affiliated company for crying out loud. Shesh… He should have given constant communication with staff members especially seniors so that we will be able to determine what our role is and how we can co-exist in reaping the benefits and at the same time contribute positively to the firm. We should constantly be aware about our current career growth and needs so that we will not plan to move to another niche. It really saddens me to feel that the Vampire has favored to keep his emotions to himself and project a totally different personality. What pisses me off is how he dealt with the fact that he’s losing someone from the cluster. Considering that I positively contributed my entire life for this godam firm. I dunno how to react but I am totally upset and I realized how low he values his employees and how the three years being with the firm has ultimately has no meaning to him.

*I'm just puring my emotions but no pun intended and I am not mad at the Vampire. I just feel very low because of what he said and what he did not say.

No comments: