Saturday, July 4, 2009

Bali disappointment

First glimpse of the beach and I told myself that the reason it's not overwhelming is that Sanur is for oldies and Kuta caters for the younger crowd. That night we went to Kuta to see for ourselves what the nightlife is all about. We reach the shore after an endless walk. Cabbie meter was quick as a broken faucet. Hence we decided to walk when it reached our budget.

The beach is not white and fine. Rubbish everywhere. Shore was too dark. Nightlife is dead and it's Friday night for crying out loud! I just felt so disappointed with their claim that it's world class.

Asked our cabbie driver about the most pristine beach and they recommended South Bali. We're going there now and I hope it can change the way I perceive Bali.

And oh... I lost my beloved lonely planet book somewhere in the beach.

No comments: