Thursday, July 16, 2009

10 days in the Philippines

I was obsessed in creating itineraries to fit in the limited time I usually spend in a place. Perhaps this is the best thing to do. I only have ten more days in the Philippines starting tomorrow. I still have heaps of items in my wishlist. Things I wanted to do, places to eat or some essentials that I need which could be cheaper here.

My prayers were partly answered in regards to my finances. I mean how will I cover for my expenses when I get back to Sydney. The only problem I have now is getting a ticket. I'm not totally liquid but at least I have assets to exhaust to survive. I'm ready to go back and look for work. Boredom has incessantly crept its way to me. Or on second thought, I just want to be useful to the society. Stop bumming and go look for work!

Going back to my topic. Here are some of things I have to do before 26 July.
* Airline Ticket
Obviously this should be my top priority. My mom agreed to finance it until I can liquidate my Super. Its not a wise move to encash it here. Freaking 30-days clearing? No way! But I already have chosen my flight schedule. Leaving Manila at 260709 0820 via B777. Arriving in Sydney the next day 0555H via A380!

* Attend SGV Reunion
Not sure if I'm going though. I would want to go but my batch mates aren't coming. I just need one close friend to come along.

* Sell my BlackBerry
I need to do this, really! This is the only asset I am willing to windup. Otherwise I will have to force myself to stay inside the house for 10 days waiting for my flight back.

*Buy 1 Winter Apparel
I left all of my winter clothes in Sydney. How can I survive the blistering cold. Perhaps a pullover and a scarf would do. I brought my trusted Zara Jacket anyway.

* One last crazy drunken night
Calling my friends.. Can you help me out with this? :P

* N95 repair
I need to find the cheapest way to repair my good ol' mobile phone. What needs to get fixed is the mouth piece. Apparently no one can hear me when I make the call.

* Harry Potter 6
I have to watch this before I go. Cinema tickets are cheaper here anyway. I hope I could watch in either Gateway or IMAX. Don't know if the latter would show HP6 ??

* Another massage please
I need to have another one cos I know its cheap here. Prolly on the last few days before flying. But first I have to research where is the best and cheapest one too.

* Organise. Pack. Make Lists.
I need to be OC to achieve this. One thing I hate about traveling is the art of packing. I tend to forget a lot of things if I wouldn't make a list. So it requires a lot of effort and bit of inspiration to finalise this stuff.

* Food cravings and trippings
I have to eat in the following before I leave:
- Tapa King - Tapa Queen!
- Inasal.
- Red Ribbon - Palabok, Black Forrest and Empanada!
- Sinangag Express.
- Paotsin.

I have to eat mom's Pancit. Goldilocks' Polvoron, Red Ribbon's Pastillas, Chowking's Halo-halo.
Good luck in gaining the pounds I shed off.

* Fear Factor's Challenge
Eat Isaw!

* Print my SEA pics
My mom wanted me to maintain my travel album. Hence I have to printout my picture from the recent travels I had. I will then go about thousands of photo and painfully decide who deserves to be on my budgeted best 100 pictures.

* Clean my room
The last painful thing I can think of at the moment. Going through all my shoe boxes and checking if I need to: a) throw it away, b) bring it to Oz or c) retain it. But I have to do the simple Batibot task of putting the same things together.

If it doesn't rain, I will have accomplished a lot by tomorrow. But if not, I'm stranded at home and might go with the food cravings/tripping agenda.

No comments: