Sunday, December 14, 2008

day 1

been home every christmas. actually i've been home 2x this year. i still cant help but feel overwhelmed each time i hear "Welcome to Ninoy Aquino International Airport!". though i haven't slept and was dead tired from full day's worth of flying, some moments remain priceless. the look on my family's face when they saw me. i just really missed them... esp my nephew and niece seeing me back - it takes away all weariness.

today we went all day shopping @ duty free. chocolates. perfume. grocery stuff. eating my old time faves-Chowking. Jollibee. some things can make you happy no matter what the cost is. the cons of course would be the all time humidity. keep me sweating like my forehead's faucet was broken. another would be the mozzies. had heaps of mozzie bites all the time. and i just cudnt sleep last night.

holiday is here. balikbayan's everywhere you go. duty free is jam-packed. the dollar was reasonable at Php 47 per $1. But prices aren't that cheap. but hey, people would still buy heaps and heaps of chocolate. filling their carts like there's no tomorrow. i guess it comes with the usual notion of giving giveaways.

now i'm just taking some rest. and i hear the weird weird voice of a basketball commentator. people cheering. balls bouncing. clapping. ahh.. the familiar basketball league. and again, it didn't surprise me to see a poster of pacquiao in duty free. so many things on my mind that kept me mesmerized with how we filo's enjoy the zest for life. christmas carols. christmas lights. simple laughter. family reunions. indeed i would never miss christmas back home.

hey, i missed polosport parfums! got it again and shared the twin pack with my brother. yipee.

4 comments:

jaidy said...

heya rondz! did you end up taking home Oz fruits???? haha. NECTARINE!

ooooh mozzies! so ozzie!

enjoy your holiday! :)

rondz said...

thanks jaidy. nope i didnt pano ba naman yan... mamamalengke ako eh di pa ako nakaimpake... eh muntik pako mahuli sa flight ko... pero my mom was so happy with her opal, correlle and walnuts!

jaidy said...

haha talagang binili mo lahat! fruits lang yung kulang!

rondz said...

oo nga eh... ganon talaga ang nanay... hehe may dior make up pa kaya sha... hehehe

how u na there? still planning to go to sydney this jan09?