Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The One Where I Arrived @ Sydney

Just arrived at Sydney at around 10am. So this is what it feels like to have a jet lag. I'm short of sleep and I really do feel weird. My body clock tells me I'm not supposed to be eating yet but it's lunch time already. When I finally arrived at my temporary accomodation, they told me that I should wait for another 3 hours before I can finally go to the assigned room. I'm really dead tired when I entered my room since I spent 3 hours opening a bank account, getting a prepaid card (vodafone), walking around to familiarize myself with the place. Without much sleep for crying out loud.

On an overall assessment, Sydney CBD looks nice and the kinda place I will surely love to be strolling around for the next 2 years. I have yet to discover what's in-store for me @ the harbour side since from where I'm staying its really near the harbour.

The feeling is actually surreal but one thing that really dominates is a sense of being isolated. The feeling that you are different from all people around you. I really have to go out a lot during my free time before working so that I could already have a feel of the place and fin'lly become one of the Sydneysiders...

I think this will be it. I'll just post when I have the power to post. Right now I feel exhausted even though I already took some rest of about 2 hours. I think it was caused by brat at my back during my flight here. She keeps on pushing the tray table and what makes it more irritating is that her father does not care about it..

No comments: