Sunday, August 30, 2009

solo cycling day

I dunno what has bitten me during that 10+ hours sleep. But all of a sudden I was craving for an outdoor activity. Immediately ate my late meal. Gathered my essentials. And off I went to Rhodes.

It was a nice day, maybe that was the reason. I have to recommend the Olympic Park as the best cycling place! I began my little scenic journey (not knowing where to go) by quickly examining the maps posted in the park. *There were so many of 'em. You wont get lost*.

The Route
I went to Field Studies Centre. Followed by Brickpit (where the Ring Walk was situated). I thought I could run and finish the whole lap but I just couldn't. But was able to accomplish 3 laps. then went straight to the Sydney Showground. Never realised how big it was. So much recreational activities. I'm thinking of getting some rollerblades and go to the Skate Park. I had a coffee break at the ANZ Stadium. On the way back I went around Badu Mangroves. It was magnificent. Its creepy yet awesome. Then I went around Rhodes going through the lookout points. Never had the time to stay long cos I wanted to reach Meadowbanks and pass through the river during sunset (always been my dream to do this). Finally when its about to get dark, I went back to Ikea and had satisfied another craving. Swedish Meatballs with Raspberry, Gravy and Mashed Potato.

Some Pics.

Ring Walk at Brickpit


CB at ANZ Stadium


Badu Mangroves


River @ Field Studies Centre


View at Rhodes Lookout


Passing Meadowbank's Bridge


My reward. Swedish Meatballs.

Reference.
If you wanna know more about this. Just click on Getting to Sydney Olympic Park by Bicycle.

No comments: