Saturday, September 5, 2015

A Week in Sunny Spain

My european holiday commenced 2-3 weeks ago and how frustrating that I just lost what I blogged back then. You cannot recreate the exact moment you felt back then. So I blame blogger for not syncing my posts from the offline version to live data. Such a waste and I hate it!

As I write this I am feeling the chilly breeze in Sydney and I just wish I can have the sunny humid weather I was complaining about back then. I need it now. So better still to close my eyes while I recall moments when I was in Spain.

I remember how I had my first impression of Spain while riding the bus from the airport to our hotel. I saw from the outside how beautiful the weather is and how exciting the shopping will be. There is no mistake about how vibrant and majestic Barcelona is. We got off at Plaza Catalunya and walk our way to our Hotel booked at Condes de Barcelona, which is really the best place to book when you want to do shopping at Passeig de Gracia. I later find out that Madrid has more choices of style, clothes especially you love Zara, Springfield and Pull & Bear.

Barcelona has all the Gaudi-creations, which I totally crazy for. Highlight of the trip to Barcelona is the overwhelming unfinished masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia. We went inside and said a little prayer before heading off to the main hall, which was mixed with colours and modern architecture to its backside which has an intricate detail of the Holy Family but when you look from afar, it was just breathtakingly great. Perfection as I say it the first time I laid my eyes on it.

Casa Batlo is worth noting due to its complex architecture and you can see how creative Gaudi really is as he poured all his imagination on this marvellous creation.

In a nutshell Barcelona is very artistic and it was the perfect opening of the door for Spain, esp for us first timers.

The next day I went to Seville on a day trip and though it costs me roughly 250 bucks to get a return trip - it was worth it. Real Alcazar is really overwhelming especially the garden and its endless beauty, it felt like I was in another space, in another time. The city itself is beautiful and it showcases the best of Spain. For me its like looking at a painting yet you experience it in real life. Its a moving spanish painting, if i may say it.

After the touristy first three days, we went to begin our relaxing holiday moment as we enter Ibiza. Not only did the gloomy wet day put is to relax mode. But somehow it did slow me down and I was more relaxed and chilled out, just in time for the best sunset in Ibiza which is in the westend sunset strip at Sant Antoni de Portmany. After sunset we ate at Buddha bar and I met the most beautiful looking, better tasting goat cheese salad. It was huge serving but i did finish it as it was that good.

The next day we stayed at THB Los Molinos and this hotel is just topnotch fabulous. The view, the pool, the room. Everything is good in this hotel. It should have been 5-star in my opinion. Well, it was a good sanctuary as we recharge ourselves for a really big BIG night ahead. Went to Ushuaia which I can spell but not pronounce. Its a massive super club at Ibiza Town where The State of Trance was held. Early as 5pm we were already inside and enjoyed the endless front acts, RODG, Aya and Fila, and another one I couldn't recall cos I didn't really like his style. By the time Armin Van Buuren finally came in - more than 3 hours had passed. We only stayed a while cos of the need to freshen up for the next gig! Too bad but at least we did have a taste of 'how it really feels like'. and I said. This is what it feels like.

We then went to Patcha, where it was just over the moon because of how posh it was and how much convenient it was having the club indoor. Of course after waiting for 3 hours again. David Guetta finally arrived and I said. I am Titanium! I really felt strong and all weariness just went out the window. In all fairness, the one before him was really good. It kept me on hook as I dance endlessly into the mainstream EDM, that alone reminds me why I went to Ibiza.

I find that Ushuaia and Patcha are two distinct in the same way as Armin and David's music are different. The former brings you to a different place as you enjoy the music. While DG you live every beat and enjoy every moment of the EDM and it makes you even love it much better.

Finally we said goodbye to Ibiza and went to Madrid, where the shopping really is. I did buy clothes and shoes that I can wear for the rest of my European holiday. Thanks to my favourite Spanish apparel (Zara, Springfield and my new found love-Pull & Bear).

Oh credits to the best of Spanish cuisine from Paella (3x in a row for my dinner), Tapas, Chorizo, Jamon, Sangria, Empanadas, Churros. I just can live in Spain to eat and eat and eat. Next time though I think its worth experiencing the festivals and of course, more of Flamencos and Bullfight.  Lastly shout out to Vueling for the seamless perfect flights.

No comments: