Thursday, December 13, 2007

first week back home

its funny how hectic my 28-day vacation can get. i don't even have a minute to jot some splash of thoughts on my poor blogzter. here are 10 random thoughts on how its been going so far:

1. continuously dripping faucet of money
i have spent so much money on buying clothes to wear even my undies although its such a treat that you know you can charge everything on my overused card! and other expended purchase of things that i want to have.

2. joy of being with family
i realised that you can earn a lot overseas. spend your money to whatever your heart desires but at the end of the day you will always feel unsatisfied. being with my mom & dad - though its only 2 hours shopping cos they get tired easily - is ultimately priceless. having the expertise of my brother in flooding myself with endless gadgets can eventually quench my thirst for spending!

3. mall hopping and the calvary of taking public transport
feels like there is a need to conquer all shopping malls before i go back to sydney. there is always something in our shopping malls that i always long for. probably the thought of reaping the sacrifices you've made in sydney. the thought of you not scratching your itching fingers to spend more in sydney. or plainly, you know that you're back home and almost everything is cheaper here. public transport is another story. just now i realised how terrible buses, jeepney and tricycle are but for unknown reasons i love the commute!

4. meeting up friends and catching up with the old times (plus new chismax! LOL)
it always thrills me to meet up friends whom you've known for ages or some friends that made a significant impact in your life. you know that even though you usually have a chance to chat online there's still the longing of seeing them in person and just having a cup of coffee or a nice meal. good times, indeed. 

5. pressure of making everyone happy
i would always think of making everyone happy by giving them the best give-aways or even a bar of chocolate to let them think that you remember them and that they are important. i feel the pressure while i was distributing some things i bought for them. it gives me a small rupture of joy whenever you put a smile on their faces. 

6. sharing photos and endless story about your blooper experiences
i am anxious to share photos i have back in oz to my family and friends. so far i've let them view it from my mac. i reckon i should do it the old fashion way of putting it in a tangible photo album. sharing some blooper experiences such as my first few days of unthinkable stupidity that made me look back and laugh at it.

7. text message and the damn phone
i just realised that i should have unlocked both my mobile phones from 3 mobile. my damn N95 seems to be broken as battery is depleting faster by the minute. i rarely use it to call since text message is often used here and i miss leaving voicemails and my usual greeting (my aussie accent as well)

8. drunken nights
i miss drunken saturday nights and major gimik in sydney but nothing can compare to how we do it here. its more of a bonding session - talking about frustrations, aspirations, gossip, experiences and endless recollections. 

9. serenity
for once i have attained serenity that i have always been yearning for. just by sitting on our balcony and looking at the changes that happened since you last saw the place. you realise that it brings you to a deep reverie and pondering on random ideas and its ramifications.

10. how can i forget - filipino food!!
burger machine. jollibee. my mom's dishes. kfc (now with rice and gravy!!! - plus the utensils). sisig. lumpia. sinigang. mangang hilaw with bagoong (depending on the mood but generally i don't eat bagoong). taho. sardinas. sotanghon. a definite treat!

and i reckon it is just the beginning. i still have to go to the province. i really should do something in prolonging my stay til 6 january 2008... there's still heaps of activities in-stored for me.

No comments: