Saturday, January 4, 2003

I was drinking my beer as I stare at the sky. Damn! The stars look beautiful tonight. Cool breeze passed by my face. Though the stars are limited it still seems to protrude and give the gleam it usually gives on such a silent night. Such moment gives any person a sudden feeling of reflecting. And it does. I think about life in general and how I am slowly moving towards the main path. I am slowly budging forward an endless rhythm of sequences. Such precognition is surely making sense. I foresee the future and it saddens me to know that I might be a workaholic dude who again doesn’t have life. Hopefully not! I for one wanted to be successful in terms of earnings. But success depends mainly on the definition one gives. To broaden it, I define successful as something that is not only rich in terms of money but also in all aspects of life like family, social life, spiritual life, and so on… Now, that is what I yearn to be although there are times that I see myself in a different perspective. Quoting a book written by Sean Covey entitled The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens: “We have paradigms about ourselves, about other people, about life in general”. Such paradigms are like spectacles keeps our eyes from discovering the true “aims/goals” of our life. Sometimes we are so much enamored by money through greed and materialistic paradigm. We tend to look at such as self-indulging ideas that will benefit us. In fact, those are only the cheapest form of self-satisfaction that one can give to himself. The feeling of self-actualization is rather more important. The need for emotional affection and the feeling of self-worth gives a more sense in our yearning. Well, I guess that’s some of the ideas that have been boggling my mind while I bite on some of these delicious Lotte Chocolate-covered biscuits and drink Lone Star Beer. You really gotta try these biscuits. It’s really awesome.

No comments: