Tuesday, June 23, 2009

travel resumed...

I've changed my website. Its on another undisclosed location. Some close friends have it. But its still under a lot of modifications. I've been updating it and adding a lot of multimedia.

For now I will be posting updates to my SEA travel @ blogspot.

As you know I am traveling to Southeast Asia today. Seven locations in four countries. At last, I will use my new machine-readable passport. After all the sweat and blood of renewing it. My old passport is kept safe. It has 66 stamps and 5 visas. It has well served its purpose. Weird thing is from PP now I got XX. Kinda cool, eh?

I've been spent a lot of time and headaches in booking flights, accommodation and looking at the most cost efficient way to do the tour myself. I can say that my itinerary is really hectic but all worth it. I mean I don't have to spend a lot of fortune to attain what I wanna do. I'm actually worried that I only have US$465. My mom is worried as well that this ain't enough. I told her I have Australian dollar reserves - just in case.

Well, good luck to me and i will keep you posted. In the meantime, I would like to thank the following sponsors:
+ Lonely Planet *insightful info - indeed its a big trip on small budgets!
+ HostelWorld.com *very cheap and user-friendly accommodation website. good reviews and easily comparable hostels.
+ Sing Air *for my free trips to Vietnam and Indonesia
+ Budget Air (Cebu Pacific, JetStar, Tiger Airways, Air Asia, Lion Air) *cheap flights! nuff said.
+ TripAdvisor.com *very useful forums and interactions on fellow-travelers.
+ Wikipedia *informative. gives background on history and culture of places I wanna go to.

... and many more.

My instinct tells me to shut up and pack up. :)

No comments: