Monday, June 29, 2009

Fell in love with Saigon

Saigon's Unrivaled Hospitality
It's crowded but the people are so warm. I will never forget my stay with Mrs. Long. She's like a mother to us. She gave me refreshments when I look tired and stressed. She shared her inspiring story on how she began operating the guesthouse. She teaches English to a handful Vietnamese kids. Even recommended an itinerary for me for Saigon and Hanoi.

Cyclo Attacks
Oh no! Everytime I cross the streets of Saigon, I feel like being attacked by pack of wolves. I survived and proudly I can add that newly found skill on my travel resume.

Walking through the busy streets of Saigon
First day mission is to pay for my ticket from Lion Air. Endless walking under heat and humidty. My shirt was literally soaking with sweat. Only to find out that they do not accept booking for other countries. Mission failed. I still want to go to Borobudur.

Viet Coffee
I love their coffee. Extra strong coffee placed on ice with sweetened milk. Can't seem to get enough. I crave it day and night.

Vietnam War
My tours are all centred to The Vietnam War. Visited museums, palace and Cu Chi Tunnel. I realised how Vietnamese values independence. It was shown with everyone's (even women and children) courage in fighting the Americans.

Vietnamese flight experience
- no queue during check-in. I have to fight for my ticket.
- so many oldies on the flight.
- kids choatic. Started screaming. Noodles everywhere.
- braise position during take-off and landing?
- cotton used as ear plugs..
- they started to talk to me in Vietnamese even if I say, "English please". They keep on talking so what the hell! I answered in Filipino.. It's fun if you were there.
- I feel like and instant hit. Am I that cute? Haha... All of them are smiling at me. I quickly went to the lavatory to check I'd something'as wrong with my face.

No comments: