Friday, June 26, 2009

KL in a nutshell

I have to make this as concise as possible cos still have to take a nap. I'm currently at Plaza Premier Lounge and the clock ticks.

Equator hotel...
is amazing. Err... AMAZING!! thanks, users of hostelworld.com for a good rating.
+ Its clean clean.
+ Very organised.
+ Lots of amenities (food, dvds, internet, drinks). The last 2 aren't free though.
+ Friendly staff.
+ Poo poo water blast spray.
+ Working shower heater.
+ Nice ambience. Green and Blue - my favourite colours.
+ Good location. Near Imbi Monorail. Few stops to KL Tower and Petronas. Time Square within reach.
- Mossies.
- Weak airconditioning.

Some of my travel trivias and random experiences:
*I realised that Bahasa Malaysia sounded a lot like Filipino. Really!! I somehow understood what the locals were talking about.

*10 out 10 people talk to me in the local native tongue.

*One word I learned: Keluar. Its not translated and my curiousity has led me to learn what it meant.

*Premium toilets cost 2 ringgit. Only to find out that the toilet seat is strangely flat and digusting to poo.

*I have poo'ed like >5 times today. Most embarrasing was that Premier toilet (mentioned above). So many blast farts. And the attendant was listening!!

*I haven't eaten any Malaysian food during my KL visit. Got a bad impression with the restaurant I should have eaten. Maybe cos I look poor. But literally I am. My budget was only USD 100 for everything, including accommodation.

*Didn't ride any cabbie.

*Walked and walked and walked. First day I covered the muslim mosques. china town. KL tower and Petronas. Not to mention I walked all the way home. Imagine - KL Towers to Petronas and to my Backpacker home at Imbi.

*Have so many iterations of KL tower just because there's no one to take pictures of me. Its even raining for crying out loud.

*Wasn't able to do my three options for the last day. namely: Batu Cave, Flying Fox, Lake Garden. Just because my time was exhausted queueng up for the bridge ticket all morning. and going back there by mid-afternoon.

*Never did I realise that the budget terminal is more than an hour away from the city. I was so conservative that I ended up waiting for 5 hours in the airport.

*Exceeded my budget cos I toured so many shopping malls. Used up my AUD and PHP reserves cos I ended up shopping!

Have heaps of stories to tell but rather keep it in a format of my cool experience rather than narrative timelines. This is the most concise I can get. haha... That's how much I enjoyed KL. Will definitely be back in Malaysia to do Teman Negara and Lengkawa. probably climb Mt Kota Kinabalu.

No comments: