Sunday, July 20, 2008

SYD WYD 2008 - Receive the Power

World Youth Day 2008 concludes today as the final mass was celebrated by Pope Benedict XVI. Pilgrims slept peacefully to ensure that they would be able to fully participate on the peak event of WYD. Temp dropped to 8 degrees last night.

Morning adoration started at 8am. I woke up at 7 and was able to be fully prepared when Pope Benedict finally arrived via helicopter. I was able to finally see him for the first time in the pope mobile. Upon sighting his holiness, I felt certain that I am really here at this memorable point in my life. Celebrated mass was really solemn and I really appreciate it. The team of WYD is about the Holy Spirit and 7 gifts.

On an overall, even though I was really tired from the walk and the freezing temp I appreciate what WYD is all about. Its simply affirming our faith in God centered at the Holy Spirit, which brings us closer to the Father and the Son. Enabling us to be inspired on how Jesus lived His life and sacrificed His life for us. This is a call for salvation and a way to influence others through the power made by the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

It is surreal how you can definitely feel how Catholics are passionate in rekindling this message. Just by walking alongside with them. Hearing their praises through prayers and songs. I feel the world is united through the future flock - the Youth. Different languages, one meaning. United.

Pics from WYD 2008. More to come from Five Dock's camera.


Pilgrim walk at Harbour Bridge

Pilgrim Walk with Pibedoka Friends

WYD  - on my face!


Anyonghaseo! The Korean Group.


Pilgrim vigil with Pope Benedict XVI

WYD '08 finishes...

No comments: