Tuesday, April 1, 2008

back to reality

i arrived in sydney still pondering if i should still continue this path i've chosen. i silently told myself that i'm back to reality and discovered that there's something strange in the way i'm feeling. this is not my home. this isn't where i should be. its just a place where i stay. its tough to fight back emotions that i felt when i have to leave home to work here overseas. endless questions keep bugging me. maybe because i lost 3 hours and was just too tired. good thing i had a good korean dinner on my first day. now i'm sane again.

first day back at work. my colleagues keep on asking me about my dad and i can proudly talk about his quick miraculous recovery.

after work (in order to forget about this longing to be back with my family), i tried singing to my heart's desire. and guess what? i got 99 for singing amy grant's "that's what love is for".

i called home just minutes ago and realised that my father was not released outright because we had short funds. PDH wanted full settlement of remaining hospital bills plus professional fees. and it the unpaid bill was extremely high. that's the problem with new hospitals - they needed to be liquid to operate smoothly. but all is priceless when i finally spoke with my dad when i called him awhile ago. he was ultimately conscious and is aware of what he was saying. this made me smile and feel that God is really good to us since dad was able to quickly recover and is now back to normal.

in terms of work - i am currently drowned with so much tasks that i could ever handle. when everyone seems to have finally finished their busy season. it is just the beginning for me.

No comments: