Sunday, March 9, 2008

i believe in miracles

I am grateful for everyone who has prayed for my Dad. The power of prayer is indeed unrivaled and God has answered my prayers. I have asked God to extend my dad's life; hoping to see him once I return to Manila. It was granted. Now I am praying hard for his recovery.

At this stage, he is less critical but still in the ICU for five days. He is able to hear me but couldn't make any response. I've spoken with him awhile ago with his eyes open. I said that everyone was praying hard for his recovery and that he should keep the faith and fight back. I said that I am always there for him and he doesn't have to worry about anything else. His eyes began to water and his fingers started to reach for my hand. It was an emotional event for me. Knowing that my Dad would want to speak but he can't.

It is so difficult for me to show my emotions in front of him as it would definitely make him unstable but I have to be strong. I have to let him know that we trust God and we shall never give up. I assured him that everyone is holding up well and that he doesn't have to worry about mom. Mom easily gets emotional and it may be hard for her to see my Dad's condition. As she is suffering a great deal of anxiety and has constantly cried, all we can do is to update her and not to worry too much.

I continued to pray that his condition will stay positive. I believe in miracles and I think his life was saved during the operation. The brain activity has fallen to a very low point which is near brain dead but now he is recovering slowly and has shown a lot of improvements. Seeing the neurosurgeon and the neurology's faces gave me a great deal of hope that everything is going to be alright.

No comments: