Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday and its goodness..

I've been here in Manila for two weeks now. I know that our family's been through a huge crisis this month. My dad's still in ICU. Whenever friends tell me that it's really been awhile. And my mom would worry that its been two weeks and he's still in ICU. It doesn't make me worry much because my dad is recovering well. Although a bit slow but whenever you see him smile, you will know that he's going to make it.

God has been good to us. Two days ago, his Neurosurgeon was literally jumping with joy and said that the Hydrocephalus have already cleared. It means that they will not operate daddy further to put the Shanting tubes or whatever you call it. I've talked with his pulmonary doctor and she told me that daddy's lungs are getting stronger. She will devise a plan to little by little takeout the ventilator.

Last night, I saw my dad having this strange big smile. And I quickly realised that he no longer have the feeding tube in his nose. And when I ask the interns they told me that dad removed it and now he is enjoying minutes of freedom without it.

I've been in the hospital for most of the time and I just appreciate the people who've been part of the struggle - doctors, nurses and interns. Our ICU neighbours - thanks for making us laugh and knowing that everything would be fine. I just wish that all of us would be able to survive this turmoil. By next week, hopefully we could have our own separate private rooms. Thanks to the Bonuses for helping us with the shifting. Thanks to my friends and relatives who continuously pray for dad's quick recovery. Above all, thanks to God who have enlighten us in times that we are in despair.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

hey rondz... just learned about your dad. everything will go according to God's plan so just keep the faith. at least right now you're with your family so somehow getting through this easier. i'll pray for your dad's recovery..

jaidy said...

hi rondz! i'm glad to hear the good news about your dad. usap kami ni ghie sa sametime nung isang araw and tinatawagan ka nya but di ka sumasagot. i hope tuloy tuloy na yan, we're all praying for your dad's speedy recovery :) i hope you're doing ok :)