Friday, February 2, 2007

E.R. scene... the hand problem!

Two saturdays ago, I felt this itchy feeling on my left middle finger. It seems different but tolerable. So I just go on with the same routinary work at office still refusing to believe that it's busy once again.

Then finally, Wednesday came. My left hand looks different. It suddenly became a gigantic hand of a 300lbs monster. I can't move it. It was like there is a strange poison inside my middle finger because I feel like someone is squezzing it from the inside. It's tremendously itchy and started to get painful.

I rushed back to the office. Telling my manager that I can't work anymore. Letting her feel that even though we have a deadline at stake my condition cannot accommodate any work at all. Good thing she said that I can go. One frustrating thing is that I dunno any doctors at all. Most clinics and general practitioners are already closed. Fortunately, Eric (officemate) helped me look for a hospital with emergency room. Renee also helped me a lot in rushing me to the hospital and helpmed me in understand this weird situation will pass through, which up to now I don't know the reason for such horrific experience. It's funny because I was going to the ER walking normal and realising it doesn't look like any ER scene! Anyway, I was feeling good but I want my hand to become normal once again but when the doctor told me that I'll be confined my sight went dark and I am almost on the point of getting really insane.

But there's nothing we can do about this because they even told me that it is necessary for me to stay overnight.. If I would resist it might be chopped down! huh?! This doesn't make any sense at all. But I adhere to their request. I stayed there. Still in shock. I was wondering what Renee was doing outside. And after 30 minutes. I was back from reality and told her the bad news. She helped me buy my stuff (slippers, banana, orange juice, kfc lunch box meal!!, extra shirt, toothbrush and toothpaste, soap, towel, my backpack with my beloved ipod!). I was still in a state of shock when they assigned me to a bed so that I could lie down. But I refused to lie down in the bed. It's supposed to be a holiday for me tomorrow. How about my plans in going to the beach and celebrate the Australia day? Waaaah!! And I realised that my ipod doesnt have power! I went bzerk! I feel bad for myself for having experience all this!

But when my food finally arrived, I became normal once again. I have already accepted the fact that I am going to celebrate my very first Australia day in the hospital with all those tubes on my veins. But that's the way life goes...

Then I slept...

Upon waking up, I took some shower and was informed that they are going to move me in Sydney Hospital! WHAAT?!?! It only means that they are not competent enough to know how to keep my swollen hand back to normal? What kind of institution is this? Did they even study medicine for crying out loud! Anyway, after a few dull moments, I was informed that they will release me and I just have to take antibiotics till 2 Feb..

And upon reaching the exit, I feel like getting out of an asylum. I'm happy because my friends are there waiting for me. So I realised that even though I am here and my family is back home. Somehow somebody still there for me through the bad times.

One thing I learned is how caregivers and nurses mean so much for the sick people. I mean I was literally craving for their attention. To know about my condition and someone I could talk to.

On a different light I formulated a hypothesis that this whole damn thing is caused by a stupid insect that according to ghie should be named as R.I. short for Rondz Insect which is wandering in my room during the times I spent in the hospital. I learned to ensure that somehow I should do a regular cleaning and to keep everything neat.
















Charge all of this to experience! It's free...

No comments: