Saturday, November 25, 2006

My New Toy: Nokia E61

Just got a plan from 3 mobile and it includes $18 per month installment on Nokia E61 under the $49 cap. Let's see what my new toy can do...



F E A T U R E S
Advanced email capabilities
Supports the most common features of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel (Microsoft Office 97, 2000, XP and 2003). Compatible with Zip Manager and Adobe Reader
Works in offline mode – read and write email even when network is unavailable
Large user memory: up to 64 MB + support for miniSD card

Ease of use
Large, advanced high-resolution screen shows images sharper and reduces scrolling
Documents and applications appear with high clarity
User-friendly, sleek design
Easy to configure
Feature rich device – conference calling capability, speakerphone, email, and messaging

Innovative design
Sleek, stylish design – premium metal materials and thin construction
Full keyboard with backlight
Large landscape screen
Easy, one-handed navigation; one-press access to email
Email LED indicator light

Compatibility
Support for a choice of email solutions
Native email client
Intellisync Wireless Email
Supports push email solutions that provide immediate notification when a new email is received Works with security and collaboration solutions (Nokia mVPN, Symantec Firewall and Anti-Virus, Pointsec Data Protection, IBM Tivoli, Nokia configurator)
Mail for Exchange
POP3/IMAP supported in native email client
Contacts and calendar compatible with Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes

Security

Internal security: device lock and device wipe
Additional security solutions separately available, such as Pointsec Data Protection and Symantec Firewall and Anti-virus

There are lot of functionality that this phone can do but I have not yet explored each one of 'em. I'm gonna learn it anyway. That's my task this week-end. But I'm really frustrated that I will not be able to synch my office emails to my phone as only the managers and up are allowed to do that. Anyway, nuff about work. I'm using my gadget for personal reasons.

No comments: