Thursday, September 18, 2003

on working late...



For the past coupla weeks, I've been working 'til 8:00 to 9:00 pm. It's not that big a deal but I seem to notice that I feel different if I go home on time. I know my parents are anxious about my health especially on working late but for me work has been part of my system. I wouldn't feel complete if I go home not having dinner at office or wherever. Well, I guess that's part of the new world now.



So many things I have foregone as I revolve in the new path that I am taking. I barely have time to connect to my previous life. I mean, I used to be a movie aficionado. But now that work has been set at a higher level of my priorities, I rarely go out and watch a movie in cinemas. I stay in tuned through dvd's/vcd's I borrowed from my friends. Anyway, what I am saying is that somehow I miss my old life but still I can't say that I despise what I'm currently doing. I actually enjoy it but then again, I do not want to relinquish my old lifestyle.



on higher level of maturity...



I have written an article entitled, "On Higher Level of Maturity", a month ago. I wrote it because I do not know how I will act when I enter the corporate world. It seems an illusion to me since I was not able to harness my ideals and put them into actions. Its fun being yourself but to some extent it would be improper. I reckon it would be better to have a limit on how you relate with your superiors to retain certain respect. There will always be thin lining between professionalism and camaraderie.



According to my colleagues, their mind is already set on the worst thing that could happen. They see all sufferings as part of the challenges in reaping the fruits of success. It's really nice to hear from their determination. Somehow, I see myself with them and sharing the same ideals. I recall another article I've once written that focused on the common dilemma of CPA's. They seem to work a lot but rarely have the chance to reach the sky. Maybe, they failed or give up on the way. But to be actually working and seeing a lot of achievers in the office, I was once again enamored and at the same time inspired by their courage and conviction. It reminded me that dreams could turn into reality if you just do it.

No comments: