Friday, September 14, 2012

my spiritual retreat

More than anything else this journey I took is my spiritual retreat. I come to find peace and look within myself what I had been doing in my life and what I would want to do next. I found an inner sanctum that nourishes my soul and captures my heart to where I wanted to be.

Over the past two months, I travelled to Singapore, Thailand and Philippines. It has been exhilarating knowing that I just been through a huge surgery and the wounds are just in the process of healing. The theme that I can imagine is YOLO (You Only Live Once) and the last hurrah of my 20s life.

My birthday celebration was not that grand as I told my friends and family that I do not want to celebrate it like its a big deal. But deep inside it is. I just want that my close friends keep me company and that I celebrate it as relaxing as it could be. Perhaps due to my recent surgery that I don't want to be stressed out.

Got some unexpected presents from my family and I am thankful for that. I wish myself more level of maturity which is tilted more on financial stability and growth and looking at the future rather than at present. In short, I disposed of my YOLO-attitude.

I hope I can keep this kind of thinking. I hope that I will get a better job. I hope that I can achieve a higher level of yearning this time. Gone are the days that I wanted this and that ~ materialistic ideal no longer exist (i hope). Maybe losing my valuables told me that luxury isn't for me.

Well I am wrapping it up cos I don't want to bore you with all these. I just wanted to thank all my friends and family who supported me all throughout this journey. They play a significant role in my spiritual retreat. Thank you Lord that you have constantly guided me and comforted me in times of frailty and self-doubt. I keep my faith. I hold on to it and carry it on as I create my life at 30s.

I will be flying out tomorrow and this blog entry is a medium of putting my emotions into writing. Hoping that I don't get too emotional when I leave Manila, my home. 

1 comment:

Bobbit said...

Bobbit said...
YOLO that is something new that I learned today from you and yes "you only live once"...so true so Carpe Diem that is and do not let life pass you by...but rather take everything and soak it up every minute...every moment and enjoy the journey...