Saturday, January 20, 2007

detailed reality check 07

I've been working my @$$ off for the past coupla weeks. Don't have the time to update this blog nor to have a quick chat with my family. It's been so long since I've talked to them through chat. I would call my mom once in awhile but I think that my system is already consumed with so much work to do.

What's the difference between working here vis-a-vis the busy season in SGV. Well, the obvious part is that at SGV, it would be much fun since you have your fellow countrymen you're working with and have worked with for quite a while. Here you have to put up with different sorts of people. Here is much different in the sense that you have to fulfill a lot of tasks on a short span of time. People here expect that you finish an engagement for just two freakin' weeks compared in SGV where I can spend my whole month or so auditing a particular engagement. Being burnt is much experienced here rather than in SGV for the only reason that you're expected to deliver your output quickly. I don't mind staying up late as long as there are people here who would also help me finish whatever I want to accomplish. It seems that its a big deal for them if you go home by 7-8pm. Plus, I've been given a lot of inexperienced staff to work with. That really pisses me off. Imagine that I have to teach them how to do the audit and at the same time I have to accomplish the main tasks. They're expecting me to be a superhero and be done away with it. Gesh, I know its hard but I'm coping up.

My life here is really really tiring. Given the fact that I have to take care of myself (i.e., do my laundry, cook my food–which I rarely do, clean my room). It's really hard I tell you. Plus, my housemate pours away her problems with me. That's why I decided to make this blog to say all the troubles. At least I have someone to say it to so that I could shift the burden of problems within my system.

I know that life is hard but not what I expected it to be. I know that this will soon finish but another engagements will eat up my system. I just want to be done with this. I have to look at something that would give me a sense that I am working this hard. I have to treat myself with gadgets!!

My wishlist for this busy season is to have a nice client (one that is accommodating that would take into account that I'm new in the engagement and one that treats me as an auditor not just some person who would merely finish the audit at a given time but a client who would assist me in finishing it), a good staffing (one that would know exactly what I meant if I said search for unrecorded liabilities, cutoff, etc), a nice cook (one that would cook the dishes that I soooo terribly miss), a cleaner (one that could clean my rubbish and do the vaccuum of my room), a personal assistant (one that could tell me some errands especially the personal errands that I usually forgot to do), a good masseur (one that could make me feel a nice personal message every end of the day to feel that my body relaxed and I can go the next day not feeling stressed at all), a shrink (that I could say all I wanna say so that at the end of the day I don't feel so problematic), and the list goes on...

So if anyone of you interested in filling the vacancies above, I'm happy to hire you. I will give you some of my goodies in the fridge that I have not touched for a decade coz of my busy sched.

Nuff about that I think I deserve a movie today.

3 comments:

Franc said...

Rondz... looks like you're missing your favorite client... hehe... want me to send your favorite Group Financial Controller there... It would really help us if we send the disturbing and windy (mahangin) creature there... hehe...

rondz said...

wahaha.. thanks anyway, sayo na lang ang controller nyo just as i mentioned. tot he/s resigning pro bat anjan pa sha.. hehe

Franc said...

blufff... feeling nya i-increasan sya... walang kumagat... so andyan pa sya...