Monday, March 29, 2004

Burnt...





Have you ever felt all exhausted and all problems seem to pile up. Well, I'm in a situation like that. Just recently, I've been suspended by SGV & Co. for sending Cluster's Christmas Party Pictures. How preposterous?! I've been on the verge of killing myself because of the heavy loads of work we have in the firm and this is their way to repay us? I hate to say this but the firm's rules are very harsh. It seems to me that they do not give what the employees really deserve. We work hard for in order to maintain the quality that Ernst & Young connotes but I really cannot ponder how the Human Resources Group could do such things to us. Sheeesh... It's really getting exhausting, for crying out loud...



We SGVians do not ask much in return for our hardwork. We just wanted to feel that the firm be a little bit considerate and a lot more human. How could they suspend somebody in the middle of the busy season knowing that the firm is understaff. Who will absorb the work in such absence? Of course, nobody! And we will again strive harder to please the firm. But I've been there. Done that. I even ended up with all the frustrations one can get. I think things will just go to waste and such efforts left unrewarded.



Then you ask why I am still here and continue to be associated with the firm. All's different now. Previously, I aim to contribute something for the firm. To maintain excellence and preserve its dignified reputation. But since this incident had happened, I abhor the firm and disgusted by the rules and regulation. Nonetheless with the Human Resources Group "protecting" its auditors. Well, its now for personal gain. I'm still staying here not for the firm's welfare, I may say. Nor is it to improve towards quality and prestige of the firm. That is futile for now. I'm staying here so that I could gain experience. There was a time that I question people who just consider the firm as a training ground. But now I understand. The firm do not give what their people deserves (i.e. higher salaries, deserved benefits, and other things to keep us dedicated to the firm).



My only consolation in staying with the firm is my collegues and the work experience I'm gaining. Other than that there's none. NADA! So i guess, I oughta be looking for a new venture. Something that gives a greater sense of fulfillment. On top of my list is being an accounting professor. You can really envision yourself teaching and imparting knowledge that would enrich other people's minds and hearts through inspiration and skills that may be developed. We'll that's what I can call an ideal work because it gives you a sense of self-efficacy that you're actually contributing to your employer and of course to your clients (students in this case).



But I do not close my doors and leave things unresolved. In fact, I've already sent a letter to the HR Partner and IT Adminstrator relating to them my suggestions for improvement and my two cents worth of opinion. I guess I did not leave it completely unresolved. It's up to them to hear from an associate auditor. Which I believe gives life by adding blood to pump through the veins of the firm.

No comments: