Saturday, August 30, 2003

The Partner



I should have written this coupla days ago but found no time...

Anyway, I've finished reading the spectacular plot-driven novel of John Grisham. It's really enthralling and page-turner and his avid readers are right in saying that you'll stay all-night-long reading it. Let me give you a background about the story. Mr. Lanigan, a newly-appointed lawyer of a law firm, faked death and stole ninety million dollars. One-third of the money should have been for the firm and the rest to their client, Mr. Aricia (fraudulently been rewarded with the money by the gov't). The plot goes on as Lanigan was eventually found. The story revolves as to how he could struggle on indictments, court settlements, and other cases filed by the state, FBI, and his wife, respectively.



I was really really frustrated about the ending of the novel. Not that I totally disagree with how the story ends but really if you try reading it you would somehow feel sad for Mr. Lanigan. Honestly, I stayed up late at night reckoning why that happened to him and somehow I felt sorry for the lead character. Anyway, I recommend it as one of the best-read novels of my favorite author, John Grisham.

No comments: