Sunday, October 8, 2023

World Tour 2023 commences

My journey started quite anxious, scared and stressed. The days leading to my flight were focused on encapsulating my 30-day journey in 15kg worth of luggage. To add the work-related predicaments I had to handover to my team. Ouch!

Then the big day came. Still coupled with doubts and uncertainties if I can survive the first day of the journey. No business class this time. But if Batman have utility belt, I do have my golden nuggets. 

The first issue was seeing the TRS fully packed and it is indeed mission impossible to claim my ZFold5. That went to the drain too quick. For some reason I was thinking of having lunch at Maccas but the inner diva in me led the way to emerald road to the House. Looks posh but really little substance imho. 

Then the ulimate predicament happens! I was anxiously waiing to board when I noticed boarding was already late. I am seeing the cabin crew still waiting. And the PA came through that the aircraft was late to arrive in Sydney. And each second turns minutes and before I know it, it turned into an hour delay.

Just to back track a bit... I rebooked this leg so I can arrive Cairo earlier. Also I did want to fly to Qatar. At what price though? The riskiest connection ever. For one the outbound is Scoot, which is known for not really meeting the perfection I needed for this connection. Secondly, the connection is on another carrier with no interline agreement with each other. So the risk is there. I just didnt see it. 

Long story short, I was fidgeting althroughout my flight. And the 30mb internet provided by Scoot was all consumed plotting the perfect strategy to get a glimmer of hope to make it to my connection at Changi.

Touchdown SIN at 1953 with 7 minutes left before check-in counter closes. I ran and it was the longest snake road to Transfer C. Then the queue was horrific as there was a bottleneck served by 2 to 3 staff looking after 10 airlines. As the clock is ticking I was tempted to overtake the queue. But my nobility conquered the temptation. I waited patiently. Then the ground staff I shall call CN initially asked me why I did not exit immigration. I know i was in trouble. I said this is due to the massive delay with Scoot and that i have no luggage to check in. Crossing my fingers and using my inner charm, i managed to get her to issue the boarding pass as a special exception but only after I promised it woild never happen again.

To present, i made it to my flight and i can already say that QR seems to deliver being at the top of the class along with SIA.

The key to achieving this is the power of human strength and never giving up until all options were exhausted
It takes a good strategy to able to draw up a tactic, which  has now proven my limitless pursuit to mindfulness.

No comments: