Thursday, June 20, 2019

Prague and its magic

It is my first time in Czech Republic. So it means that I only explored Prague. Well there is so much to see in this city. One day is just not enough. For a tight schedule it is still possible. It meant that comfort is the price you have to pay..

I arrived close to sunset via Transavia (low-cost carrier under KLM). I took an uber to the hotel and immediately started looking for the bridges. Just in time, i was lucky to capture the Prague sunset, which offers various array of colours as the sun sets.

Next day I only have the whole morning and afternoon. So just before midday I went to see the Old Town Square as well as the famed Astronomical Tower. It was a miss for me, the cuckoo didnt even come out. Or should it really not? But it was boring. It occurs every hour.

Then I got lost, I  just cant find Charles Bridge. Took me almost an hour walking. Next time I really need to stop and recalibrate as much as I can. It was jampacked witg tourist and i did use my Osmo to capture the moment. I eventually caved in and bought the chimney cakes. Kurtosh with strawberries and cream.

John Lennon wall. I thought  some of the spray paint was artistic and some are just full vandals. Verdict, do not stop there. Go straight to the castle. Because it is super exhausting to go there. I had to buy meds cos of my stupid cough, cold and slight feverish. Blame it on changing weather and fatigue... on the top, you can see Prague city landscape. Lots of gothic architectures and I am just enjoying every spectacle.

I called it an early night to recuperate. Prague beer is a must. I always think that it heals my sickie feeling. My favourite is Kozel and Pilsner Urquell. It did lessen thr mucous (eww!).

PS, my hotel was super amazing. Royal Court, location amenities price everything is perfect. It should be rated higher.

No comments: