Saturday, September 16, 2017

RTW #10 Japan

My short Japan trip has to be in the itinerary of my Round The World tour. Just because, this is my favourite country. Tokyo is my favourite city. I met my friend Mar in Shinjuku. Strolled the night in Harajuku and Shibuya. We had Okonomiyaki and Tokoyaki that satisfied our food cravings. But most shops are closed in Omotesando. And Mar seems not to enjoy Harajuku. I feel bad if someone didn't appreciate where I am bringing them. And even the next day when we went to Yoyogi Park, we just went to the entrance and then we just went back and hit the shops in Akahibara. He liked shopping, I supposed that's that.

At night I enjoyed a long steamy Onsen at the hotel. It is one of the reasons I love Japan. You just soak yourself and forget all the troubles. Let the heat melt them down until you feel all the pain in your body and soul disappear.

Shibuya and Shinjuku will always be my favourite places to go here. Because its crazy. City never sleeps. And the atmosphere spells FUN.

Then the next day is something to look forward to. I have my A350 premium economy with SQ from HND to SIN. Not too bad. I would not buy this product because I would want the undivided attention. So its either full economy for me or business. Not somewhere in the middle.

SIN-SYD was a fabulous treat. A380 business class. I needed that. Good things must come to an end. It is the final cap of my world tour and what's best but to toast with a champagne as I return back home in Sydney travelling in style.

No comments: