Sunday, August 10, 2014

Triumphant I am

I did train but only after one week of knowing I would be joining City2Surf - which is the most prestigious and well-known run in Sydney that promotes charitable institutions. I had to train but due to immense pressure and fatigue - I had an injury when I fell at Bicentennial park a day before the competition.

The sense of triumph after finishing 14km run with time of 98 minutes indeed is a victory for me.
1. I was running with an injured knee
2. I gained a lot of pounds because its winter - yeah, i blame it on the season
3. Only one week to train - that is not ideal
4. Because its cold - i always needed to pee. and that stretched my time and my concentration
5. I did not train for the uphill battle. Always on flat

But still I made it. Next year I will break the record. I mean my personal record. And will strive to be the best I can be. Sounds like me. 

No comments: