Saturday, November 18, 2006

Reminiscing the Good 'ol Filipino Stuff

Just a normal day on a Saturday... I woke up 15 minutes past 12 noon, I did my laundry. I was about to take a bath on the way to Parramatta. When I glanced over the window, I was surprised to see something written in the sky. It says, Xmas - neco.com.au. Just a nice way to start the day as I will go to a Christmas bazaar. I can't help but think of the things I usually do and what other Filipino people do during the season. I miss the houses filled with christmas decors and lights. It's really strange that you could only feel the christmas spirit within shopping malls. But I cannot conclude on this yet since its still too early to conclude coz its Movember. Nope! that is not a typo error. It's just that we have a program in the office that men should be growing mustache as a tribute in fighting prostate cancer. Yes M as in mustache. It's their way of saying men are men and we should stand up amidst such diseases. But I reckon it's not for me. I look so young to have that anyways. So I still keep my razor as it may come handy.



I met my friends at Burwood. Had a fantastic jap meal with bubble gum drink (kiwi iced tea with lychee jelly yum yum). Went to Parramatta for the bazaar but I was surprised that only few stalls were offering some Filipino food such as kare-kare, halo-halo, turon, etc. But I just had my lunch so my appettite for snack was gone. I was a bit disappointed because I was expecting a hullata more. There were stalls offering TFC but its really expensive $100 installation and $35 monthly fee. Nevermind about missing the shows, I've got ADSL and I can watch certain shows at YouTube anyway.

We waited for almost an hour for the carols but we ended up going to a Filipino store, Chowking. Which is named after Chowking the fastfood because the owner was not able to open up the fastfood and just named the store after it. Anyway, I bought so many stuff there since I really really miss a lot of things. I bought a lot of powder mix, brooth cubes, iced tea, longganisa (skinless and the big one), nagaraya, bangus, century tuna, palaboc, arros caldo, champorado, and of course who can miss the old-time favorite during SGV busy season–Oishi Spicy Prawn Crackers. Really enjoyed our little grocery shopping.

Tomorrow, I will go to Myers and hopefully I can buy some clothes and shoes. I hope there's something for me. As my cargo shipped via seafreight has not yet arrived and I am anxious to change my wardrobe as soon as possible. Forget about the cost, its the value of wanting to buy and making you happy that counts most.

No comments: